Monday, November 3, 2014

Hello again!

WOW! It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I'm finally finished my degree (hopefully? I'm still waiting on final marks- eek!) but I've decided I need to get writing. I miss it. So here goes, my first post back, won't be about food but about books. More specifically about a book I recently finished. I read a LOT (as anyone who has helped me move will tell you...) so I thought I would kick start this blog again by writing about "The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero. WOW. What a page turner. I couldn't put this book down, even reading through my lunches and every chance I got after work.

It's the story of a young European man finding out he's inherited the fortune of a distant wealthy American relative who hails from a small, suspicious town in Virginia. He moves into the house with his female companion and try to figure out the mysteries of the house since the last TWO owners committed suicide on the property. It's told through a series of letters, "video camera surveillance tapes" and journal entries. My mind was spinning the entire time trying to figure the story out- but wow. The ending was NOT what I expected. It's definitely one of those books I would only be able to read once - twice tops to see if the writer gave any early clues to the ending. It's quite a gruesome read, but I found even though I can't sit through anything scary I was able to get through this no problem. Definitely not for young audiences.

Overall, I give it a read- GO GET IT!!

xo- N

P.S. I'm hoping to start posting recipes here soon! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment