Sunday, June 17, 2012

Willow Cakes and Pastries cheesecake










In the beginning

Nom nom nom. I love food. Who doesn't? And while you're eating, it might as well taste good. But what happens when you can't eat something? Due to allergies, personal choice, religious beliefs or just straight up because you can't get past the thought of putting whats on your plate in your mouth. For me, I'm lactose intolerant, I don't eat meat ( but seafood is fine!) and chocolate is a big no-no! But at the same time, I love trying new restaurants, traveling and seeking out interesting recipes. I generally have to modify most recipes I try out (although - I don't mind!)

I originally became a vegetarian about 4 years ago while I was working with a friend who was in school to become a nutritionist. She gave me a couple books to read about going vegetarian (Skinny Bitch being one of them). Since I found myself sick almost everyday, ending each day laying on the couch feeling sick- I slowly began the process of giving up different meats and changing my diet. The more meat products I gave up- the better I felt! I won't say it's always easy ( man - sometimes that bacon frying up smells so good) I know the end result isn't worth the 10 minute tasty meal. And while there are many ways to become vegetarian, slowly changing your diet is the best way to go! (Also consult your doctor before changing your diet as you may have special dietary needs).  Eating the proper foods - like fruits and veggies- fuels you to take on the day, so why fill your body with cheap food that makes you feel sluggish?

And so here begins my journey of eating adventures..... because I'm hungry... but I can't eat that. 

Later days!

P.S. My go-to websites for recipes: 


Check back for more food adventures and recipes!

2 comments:

  1. I have been pescatarian for a few years now, but I find that I eat too many carbs!And as such, I get chubby :( I have slowly incorporated some organic grain fed free range chicken into my diet- but it's next to impossible to find! Can you help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I love it. I noticed that you had some links to vegan blogs... I just discovered a vegan chain called "Loving Hut" (lovinghut.us). Have you heard of it? They have a vegan buffet, and the idea is borderline comical to me because vegan food has always had a slight stigma in my meat-loving house.
    I can't wait for more updates. Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete