Saturday, September 8, 2012

Epic Adventure Begins




Well hello all! It’s been a while since I’ve written anything so I figured I should catch up on some writing while I am sitting on a plane on my way to Bali!

My last day in Sarnia at the beginning of August was spent sailing, lounging at the beach and visiting friends. It was a hot, humid day (32/95 with 100% humidity) and even with three applications of sunscreen I managed to get a sunburn. After a wonderfully relaxing day, I headed to Paddy’s, my favourite bar and pub in Sarnia to have a goodbye dinner with family and friends. I was so happy to have so many different groups of friends come and join me (also nice to see everyone mingle/ chat!) It continues to remind me how lucky I am to have such wonderful people around me. 

The next morning it was time to go. It felt weird to be thinking that I wouldn’t be home again until two months later and that I would be embarking on the trip of a lifetime- literally! One month in British Columbia, followed by South Korea, Singapore, Bali, Australia, Malaysia, LA and Vegas before finally coming home.
Packing up the car and heading to the local airport (Chris Hadfield Airport) felt surreal. Not one to make a scene, I was surprised to find myself welling with tears when I said goodbye to my mom. Gosh darn- I wouldn’t see the woman for two whole months! We said goodbye and I headed to my first of many flights.
After a two hour delay in Toronto, I finally made it to Vancouver. My cousin was nice enough to pick me up at the airport and even stop by a beer store before heading to a backyard party where his wife and kids were awaiting our arrival. 

Now, as someone who doesn’t spend a lot of time with children, this party was PACKED with kids. For those thinking they want children- attending things like this is really great birth control. I’m not sure if someone had given them all sugar before we got there or if that’s just the way kids are but it sure was hectic! And also a great reminder that kids are hilarious and say the darndest things.
I’ll never forget swimming with the kiddies and little Miss O sat on my legs in the hot tub and said to me “Oh, Natasha- are your legs ever hairy.”  I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard at a kids honesty.

After a one night and one day visit with the family- I was off to school! Professor Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters that is. 

The journey to school continues… 

No comments:

Post a Comment